Site Search

 Copyright Name Publish Common law Documents




Security Agreement, Copyright Public Notice, UCC Filing Questions & Answers in 2007*

(See Also 2007*; 2008*; 2009; 2010; 2011* 2012* 2013* 2014*)

These questions are in no particular order - but may reflect some of your concerns and answers to same.

Copy Right Notice, Security Agreement And UCC1 Services

Q: What Service Do you Provide?

Well I started out doing posting public notices for people attempting to gain control over the use of their names since there nothing on the net that was providing that service and the few that did were charging in excess of $250. I thought I could do much better than that and so I did. To date I have done approximately 50 postings.

The Public Notice concering the use of your name is a common law document but in order to recognized by the State as a legal document it needs to tie into the legal system by filing a lien using the Uniform Commercial Code, otherwise know as an UCC1. I soon found out that people were not familiar enough to do that on their own and so I started doing that for them so that I could complete requirements for the copyright-name Public posting. This UCC1 filing is complementary.

But to file a UCC1 which is really a lien against your corporate legal name has to be based on a contract. And so I ended up providing that service as well in order to complete the documentation. And as part of that, I also create an indemnity bond which protects you from creditors going after your legal name.

Currently if you have your own security agreement and just want to do a copyright name Public Posting I charge $20 a year for 5 years on the Internet or $100. You can complement this posting with a newspaper posting making reference to your unique address on the nest to save you the cost of publishing the whole text. If you only want a security agreement a 14 page document legally claiming and itemizing your property that is also $100 and if you want both done that is $200.

As a bonus I do a complementary electronic UCC1 filing through one particular UCC1 state office and create a PDF document for your records. This gets you in the system and gives your paperwork some legal standing. That state UCC1 office is unique as it allows me to preserve the spelling of your name in upper and lower case and to include a fairly comprehensive collateral statement in the jurisdiction you are currently living in be it California, New York, or even a province in Canada or for that matter any country in the world with only one or two exceptions.

As part and parcel to the process I create PDF's (adobe acrobate documents) which you can use as originals or keep for your personal records. Together that would be 1. The Security Agreement and Indeminity Bond 2. The UCC1 State Filing and 3. The Copyright-name Public Posting. The whole process is completely usually within 24 hours of confirming payment.

I suggest you follow my electronic UCC1 filing with a paper filing in the state where you were born and any state where you have any property.

The Security Agreement - Part of Your Private Papers

Q: les, as soon as I have my paper work noterized do i need to mail it all back to you?

A: Definitely not - that is your private papers - no one sees it except you and your notary when you get it notarized and then only briefly.

The rule of thumb is do not make it easy for someone else to know what stuff you have. If there ever is a controversary then you can always come with documentented proof on the basis of the details in your security agreement showing that you have a prior and stronger claim.

Q: ALOHA,Would you please explain how it is possible to copyright ones name when this is posted on this government site which you will find below? [link no longer works]

A: I have little time to do this justice but in short - a copyright of your name is really a mis-nomer it rather is a claim of right over the use of all derivatives of your name which you are the source of - therefore rightfully yours. Read the copyright notice in detail it doesn't claim ownership it claims right of use.

Further - the STATE is a 3rd order entity created by man - it cannot control directly a second order entity [a human being] unless by contract. Man's only authority by natural right is the supreme creator or the overriding natural laws if you will. In other words our family names and names we create to call ourselves are outside of the STATE'S jurisdiction unless of course we register our names with the STATE. And in doing so we have subjected it to the regulation of the State. Usually this registration first happens with the Birth Registration but it also happens when one applies for a social security or social insurance number, a drivers licence, a professional licence, a permit be it a hunting licence or a marriage licence. In my opinion.

Read the description of the 3 Step process - Security Agreement and Public Notice that will explain it in more detail. Hope that is helpful. Les

Birth Certificate Name is not in ALL CAPS

Q: hello les sorry to bother you again but i live in canada and you mentioned my need to fill in the ppsa and ucc1 form thats fine but a very important question before i continue is on my birth certificate is is spelled like this John Louis Smith it is not in ALL CAPS what does this mean if anything to making my security agreement is it a printing mistake or something else and is it beificial to me or not anything on this would be greatly appreciated

A: I suspect then that you were not born in Canada is this right?
If so then you would have naturization papers that would take the place of the birth certificate, but most likely you have also a Social Insurance Number, a Bank Account, A driver's license, those names will be in all caps, and therefore you would want to claim them all. As part of the security agreement I do file a complimentary UCC1 in the US and I do suggest you file where you live, where you have property and where you were born (unless of course you immigrated into Canada). Not sure if I am answering your question - let me know.

Q: No i was born in canada and i have a canadian birth certificate but all my other stuff like you said is in all caps but not my birth certificate is this good for any thing or does not really matter?

A: Interesting my wife's birth certificate was done by a minister of the Church and also is not in caps - however she does pay taxes which means she is in the system. Basically all it means is that if they don't get you one way they get you another. Each time it is in a different capacity for example you as a "registered driver", a "passport holder", a "credit card holder", "a mortgage holder" etc, etc,

Effectively you operate as an artificial entity in each of these capacities. And because you act as such you are treated as such. Meaning you have no rights attributed to a human being and are at the descretion of whoever created the policy that artificial entity is operating under. Divorcing yourself from legal entity allows you to claim your natural rights back. In my opinion.

Q:Les. I found page 14 of the SA for the notary, on my UCC #2XXXXXXXXX74-03, on my CN it is missing the (-03), and on the secured party between the names there is ( - ) and a ( : ) is there reason for this?

A: The "-03" is an internal designation added by the UCC office - it only indicates that you were the third UCC submission that Sunday.If you do a UCC search on the UCC site the -03 does not enter into it.

The "John-Harry: Jones" designation of your name is how you distinguish yourself from the presumption you are the Strawman. This way, there is no way it can be misrepresented if you write your name in that format. Read it as John, Harry of the Jones family. Your identity as a human being truthfully derives from your parentage not the legal presumption that you operate as a legal entity. This presumption by the law of the State operates by default unless you distinguish yourself from it and declare otherwise. This what we do with the Security Agreement and the Public Notice. That's my understanding.

How Long Does It Take to Create Security Agreement and Copyright Public Notice?

Q: Les, thank for your fast reply, I wanted to know with this, I can setup my own bonds, and how soon can I use then after I pay for my copyright?


A: Optimistically it only takes me 4 hours to complete my end of it providing there are no inconsistencies on the information I receive. So most likely everything will be complete within 24 hours - you will have all the pdf's you need to carry forth. Pending getting the documentation notarized I suspect you will have all you need to get started. I would suggest you follow the instructions posted on the site re the cat scan test on how to use the public notice which does take time. Other than that your name in quotes as in "John Jones" will be searchable on the net the next time the search engines make a periodic pass through the copyright-name site.

Copyrighting Family, Wife and Children

Q: Les, does the payment to you include, all UCC filing fee to, and I need to copyright my wife names also, and how do I protect my kids?
Thanks Dan

A: With respect to your children - remember it was only in the 20's that women were allowed a vote. Their bodies were considered chattel that is moveable property. When children come of legal age it is assumed they are of sound mind to govern their own property including their bodies and therefor by choice can enter into a contract which as you probably realize binds them to the state entity known as the strawman through adhesion contracts like drivers licences. Prior to the age of majority ( if I have the right term) you are responsible for them - therefore you claim them as your property. What you don't claim by default reverts to the state. The security agreement I create is primarily 16 pages of blank(s) or prompts for you to itemize in detail all your property. (I will enter some basic stuff for you based on the information you provide on the site form but the bulk of it you can enter by hand). Remember what you don't claim by default reverts to the STATE by default unless you declare otherwise.

The response above is rather detailed - I think I will use it as part of a Q & A on the site - the cost is $100 for the copyright postings and $100 for the security agreement or $150 [$200 presently] for both. Included with the security agreement is the UCC1 posting and an indemity bond protecting you from the strawman's creditors.

I create PDF originals of the security agreement and the copyright notice and suggest you get that notarised to establish time, place and that you are in fact the body/mind represented on the contracts. I also create a pdf of the UCC1 filing for your records.

I hope this is helpful in addition to the info posted on site. - Les.

Changing Names in a UCC Filing

Q: I have a few questions one how can I place a name change into the ucc files?

A: You can modify the secured party or the debtors with a UCC-3 form.

Q:How can I make money or what procedure do I follow to making money when for example the courts send documents to me in my all caps name?

A: You can use the copyright notice. Send it to whoever is using your name with out your permission. The terms in it spell out how you will bill them on any further infractions.

Filing an UCC-1 In Your Birth State

Q: Is it necessary to file a ucc-1 in your state of birth?(new york)

A: There are many schools of thought on this - ultimately it depends on where you wish to go with this. What we have done so far is establish a common law claim to the use of the legal name [the security agreement] and we had that recognized by the State by using a notary who bridges the gap between common law and legislative law. On one hand he is a professional witnesss and on the other hand an agent for the State. And by filing the UCC-1 into "their system" you now have documentation substanciating that you as a human being exist as a seperate enity from their strawman and have a contract in your posession that substanciates that seperation.

So by all intentions you have by your copyright notice given notice to the public and have recorded your assertions in "the system" and have documentation to prove it. What further communication do you really need to create to substanciate that fact?

Remember you have declared yourself the sovereign, the King makes the rules. Or you can follow their rules which are so devious that technically you will probably make a mistake somewhere along the way. What we have done is clarify an intention and created documentation that we can provide as evidence should we ever need to prove that we are not the strawman [and/or responsible for the strawman].

Now to take it one step further should they look for you in their records and not have any of your new paperwork in your birth state on record does this nullify what you already have proof of, I don't think so but that is only my opinion.

[Outside comment: This is my opinion as well, ucc1 docs, once recorded are not nullified, they just expires if not recorded as Transmitting U. The purpose to file in the berth state is if you need to go to court in that state records are recorded and are on file.

This is what I was told by a UCC personel in South Carolina when I inquire about that very question.]

[[ Pausible reason - The rule is to notify all possible parties and departments connected to where your strawman records are kept and in that way you are sure to cover all the bases. Insert the clause notice to agent is notice to principle]]

[Outside comment: Have him go to NY's site to view rules governing where to file. I have looked it up for you: The truth of the matter is, individual states are not in one accord as to how they are interpreting the revised article 9. I'm glad I went to NY's interpretation as they tell you that they do not have any hard-and-fast rules. They also even go as far as to show you "how not to right out the Debtor's name" on the UCC1. A lot of SOS site's simply do not get this friendly with their instructions.

The reason why you want to file in the Debtor's birth state is to establish jurisdication there as well as in the state of the debtor's residence and local recording {after receiving file number from state's SOS office} in the county recorder's office if you are securing real estate. Once you have filed in the 'berth' state, if it is different from the Debtor's resident state, you have a choice to create an "In Lieu of" ucc1 in the resident state. An In lieu of ucc1 moves jurisdication from one state to another. Or create a new ucc1 from your resident state.

However, none of these documents will do him a bit of good if he doesn't understand WHY he has to do the necessary administrative paperwork in order to separate himself and capture his strawman and the strawman real and personal property. And the true administrative to this rememdy is hidden and I'm not sure if any one person has the proper process for another.]

[[ Not sure of the county recorder though - at one time the sheriff was acting on behalf of the citizens of the county and was able to organize a possee of citizens in common law jurisdiction and in that same sense the county office acted as a common law office of records. Now I suspect the sheriff operates as a "policy enforcer" (police force). Not sure but I believe likewise that the public office of records has been taken into State juridiction to track its inventory so to speak so not sure if recording has the impact it once did. Any comments or sources on that for this canadian national? ]]

Claiming Back What You Gave Away via Applications for

Q: Recalled you asking if I knew the difference between application and certificate numbers. Some of our documents are application #'s and some are certificate #'s. Should you state which are which for the listed sources d. thru g.? I am specifically stating for you. Let me know if I misunderstood:
d. application for ssn is our actually card number
e. application for passport listed is the actual passport #
f. app for marriage license is the local registration #
g. app for NC driver's license is the actual drivers #

A: You do not own the certificates as you did not create them (law of the creator) however you did sign an application so as I understand it by claiming back the application as your property - taking it back - you are effectively revoking the signature on it. The number referenced is associated with the certificate and as such is the joiner or the particular certificate that was issued as the result of your application - that is the connection or reference. Now you can later go one step further and return all State property back to its creator but that is another process.

Controlling Personal Information by not putting it in the UCC Filing

Q: I noticed you didn't cite the Survey Map's Book and Page number as reference to the Metes and Bounds for the legal description of the property. Perhaps the coordinates where enough, pls explain?

A: As it is "described fully in Security Agreement #MR-062279-SA and Indemnity Bond #MR-062279-IB" I felt it was not necessary. The intention was to identify what the major assets and if more information was required "Inquiring parties should contact directly with DEBTOR". The security agreement I provide acts as a living document. It gives you more control and the ability to constantly update your security agreement with out having to update what's in the UCC1 or involve any other party other than the signatories of the contract you as the agent of the legal enitity and you as the entity that goes by your given names and belongs to a specific human family group.

Where to file an UCC1 - Credentials

Q: Okay - - Here's the problem, hubby and I are having issues with our SOS office filing a ucc1 against our strawman. Unfortunately, NC is one of those states that refuses to believe that they are a ministrial office and can not make legal sufficiencies regarding any records.

Too many people have too many "opinions" as to what is the best procedure for this matter. I must say that I do not know who you are, but am willing to listen to what you may have to say.

Please tell me who you are. Your background and why you may be in the position to offer valid information.

A: No problem, I have been filing UCC1's for about 2-3 [ written Aug 2007 ] years now for people, yes there are many ideas of what is the correct way of doing things I tend to follow Howard Griswold. Some say one must file in Puerto Rico some the State you are in, yet what a lot of States do is allow you to file a lien of one Strawman onto another Strawman. Through trial and error I have found only one State that allows me to file transmitting utility liens against the Strawman without modifyig the content and through that State I can file for any other State or any Other Country for that matter.

One way to know the difference is if the length of the lien filing is 3-5 years then they are only allowing you to file a lien from one strawman on another - the liens I file are permanent.

I suggest if you wish to file directly with the State you are in to try another office if that is possible. Other than that you can threaten to report them if they are not doing their job to serve you as they are required by statue. I would dig up that statue and show it to them and the consequences that arise for not complying. If they fail to comply ask their supervisor and go all the way up the line.

All I do is file UCC1's having first created a contract between the strawman and the human being. I then create a copyright notice with that information that people can use as a tool to protect their privacy and suggest how they can use it effectively. That is all I do samples of what I create are on the site. The Security Agreement however is much more detailed with information blanks for you to fill out and make your own.

If you wish to know more about me, go to this website, subscribe to my newsletter and the first issue will give you a bibliography about me. If you wish you can continue to receive unique candid interviews with a number of successful personalities of the likes of Jack Canfile, Mark Victor Hansen ( authors of Chicken Soup for the Soul ).

Q: Great job! I have downloaded all the files. Everything looks good. I noticed you did not use the "national" UCC-1 form? I guess all that matters is that the filing was accepted. I will also have to make some minor corrections in the Security Agreement, but all is well. Do I need to file the financing statement and copyright noticewith my local county recorder?
Thanks again,

A: [Note as this was a while back - the State forms are pretty much in conformity with the National Forms.]

I am at a slight slight disadvantage here as I am a Canadian National but let me say this, if the county recorder is considered the keeper of the public records then the answer would be yes. However you never file the Security Agreement [that is private personal information], file only the UCC1 Statement and the Copyright Notice.

Another way to answer this is through common sense - if someone was to look your name up to see whether you had any liens against your property where would they go? If the answer is the county recorder's recorders office then that is where you wish to notify anyone interested in liening your property that you are already in the first lien holder position.

Technically the public notice is enough in common law, the public posting on the internet and in the paper cover that position in the sense a public notice is a public notice. Statute law is another ball game - we are entering into that with the UCC-1 statement as all government can see is their own paper form(electronic)- which substanciates your lien holder position in a way that they can recongnize. I would simply call the county recorder and ask questions and act as if you wanted to know how to lien someone's property who owed you $100,000. There is no sense of complicating things just find out what are the normal precedures involved to lien a debtor. Let me know what you find out in your state. - Les

How to File An UCC1 in Australia

Q: Very grateful for you website.
Can you show me how to file a UCC-1 in Australia?
Or if possible point me in the right direction to find out how to do
this in Australia.

Many thanks R S

A: What you can do is file through a Sate in the United States as it will cover Australia - go back to my site and do a search for UCC1 filing offices in the States.

In Canada we have the Personal Property Security Act and I suspect now that you may have something similar - I would do a search online and/or Call land titles and ask where would one file a lien and/or Call your court house and ask where one would file a lien against someones personal property say against a car for a car loan. You should find the equilivalent act with a little digging.

Make sure you establish yourself as the creditor on the basis of a contractual arrangement and then file the lien - it must have those 2 elements. The lien by itself is worthless unless it is substantiated.

If you wish I can file the ucc1 for you and create a security agreement to back it up. You may then duplicate that in Australia essentially to cover all the bases. That with the copyright are very powerful tools
if you use them by giving notice to those that trespass on what you claim to be yours. [In this context read the answer to the question above - the issues are similar.]

Let me know what you find out.

Copyright Public Notice Posting and Security Agreement Filings in New Zealand

Q: Nobody here in N.Z.seems to know anything about this process?
Can you please advise me, as i'm finding this a little confusing & am struggling to understand this process?

A: Its difficult to know where to start but you may want to start at page one and follow the links at the bottom of each subsequent page - this will give you a faily good foundation. You can also in addition read the articles under the article link. I really don't have the time to do this full justice but this is my meagre understanding at this time of writing:

YOU are not your "legal name".

First one must realize that here is a distinction between you as a human being and you as a corporate entity recognized by a state [as New Zealand].

Anything created in the Mind is a Fiction:

Simply put any country by whatever name is an idea created by the minds of men and therefore it is a fiction. The land mass we put a name on as 'New Zealand' is the only thing that is real. The name or the label we call it could easily be anything we make up just as is the name that is associated with your body and the name you go by or answer to.
In this sense 'New Zealand' in a real sense does not exist other than by agreement in the minds or thoughts of men. But the soil beneath your feet certainly does in a physical or real sense . In the same way that the name 'New Zealand' is created so is your legal name. Replace the word legal with the word fiction and you will get a better sense of the mirror world we live in in our minds which always appears real but isn't.

Declare who you are to refute the Assumption

Since we operate mentally in a legal world, the assumption and presumption always is that you are a fiction, unless of course you declare yourself not to be. One must realize that the State always sets sets its rules by default in its favor. If you do not declare yourself to be the exception to the rule, then I ask you. "Whose fault is that"?

The Security Agreement - the First Step

This is essentially what we are doing as a first step. We declare ourselves an exception to the rule by first creating a contract between ourself and the legal entity to replace any other previous contracts which may be assumed to be in place. It disconnects us from the legal entity that is created by government and the way we do this is through a contract called a 'security agreement'.
Effectively that agreement recognizes that you as a human being created all the wealth the legal entity has. And since it has not given you back anything in exchange - it therefore owes you, you are its creditor. Now this sets up an interesting situation. If the State created the legal entity and if you by the security agreement seperate yourself from it then, "Who ultimately is your debtor"? The State.

Next Register as the Creditor & Notify this Publically to see if there are any challengers.

We register this agreement in an UCC office as a creditor. We subsequently put out a public notice referencing that fact giving others an opportunity to contest our assertions. We do this by posting it in the newspaper and if no one contests it, then it stands as truth having passed the test of time. faciitates this by giving you a web link to the copyright notice so you do not have the expense of posting the whole thing in the paper which would otherwise be cost prohibitive.

What you Believe is now Documented Proof:

Having done that you can take subsequent steps later [which I do not have the resources to support] having at least now a foundation of paper work which you can subsequently build upon. The premise is now you have uncontested documented proof of what you believe and have taken action in concert with that belief. Subsequently no one can deny the fact that you acted in accordance with your belief and therefore can not hold that against you. That is as long as the right to our beliefs is still recognized. Now with this foundation to stand on you can now assert yourself in commerce as the creditor to the legal entity.
Without that definitive statement - the security agreement and the public notice - the assumption and presumption is that, you are a subject of [of=owed by] the State and are bound by all the bylaws and obligations that govern that State.

Jurisdiction of the State:

Another way of putting it is unless you declare otherwise you fall under the authority or jurisdiction of the State. This begs the question what is juris diction? Nothing but a 'jury of men' 'dictating' rules that they make up [fiction]. Be clear about that. Also be clear that if you use benefits offered by the State that is in itself an implied contractual agreement. Simply put, "Nothing is free". We live in a user pay society. If you operate under the santion of a permit or the use therof then you are subject to the conditions that govern that use. This is what I am implying later in this piece when I say it will take a little time for the fog to clear, that is to understand all the implications of effectively asserting your own sovereigncy. The phrase, "There is no better slave than the one who thinks he is free" is quite apropos.

The Universal Commercial Code:

The UCC [Universal Commercial Code] is just that 'universal' and it deals strickly with commercial transactions world wide not within any particular jurisdiction [the business of the sea in admiralty]. That is, it deals strictly with contractual agreements which is what your security agreement is and as such whether it was drawn up or registered be it in Canada, the U.S. or New Zealand is in a sense immaterial. What it does it establish a record in time and in place that you are the creditor. The Public Notice in relation to this gives other entities the opportunity to refute this assertion, to "cure the fault'.
The question is not where it is filed but is it filed. Where is it filed is where you say it is in a public notice and people can look it up online and verify the date of filing if they wish. The filing lends legal or fictional credibility [most reading it subject themselves to the legal realm - it is how we are conditioned ] to the public notice which while technically not necessary in the 'real world' it bridges the gap between both realms the real and the fictional.
The public notice is action or communication you do as as a human being to state that you as a human being are not a legal entity strickly subjegated to the bylaws created by as a country as New Zealand. This makes sense since you had no say in the creation of those bylaws nor were you party to the contract that created the legal entity [the FULL CAPS NAME], the legal version of your given and family names.
The reality is that you are in fact a living and breathing creature on the land mass [hu=soil as in humus or 'hu'man or earth man] which by agreement is known by the name "New Zealand". This land mass in no way is the label that is put on it "New Zealand". [This is an universla principle: You can call me by many names but that does mean I am the name. In the same sense a title of a book is not the book and in this sense you yourself are not your name. In reality you are a member fo a family group or clan who has the option of going by your 'given' names if you so choose].

Awareness vs. Heresay:

The above is loaded but I hope that is helpful. This is only the first step in a journey towards awareness. How you use the information is how you control your destiny but at least now you have more options and are not strickly bound by jurisdictional rules which we now understand to be mere fiction simply because we believe it to be true merely due to what our authority figures have taught us - and that my friend is 'heresay'.
Now it going to take a while for the fog to clear. In my experience people do not let go of what they knew to be true all their lives very easily. It takes a very special person to do this. We have to work through it and thereby plough new neural pathways in how we think and operate when we think for ourselves.

Are We Self Leaders Or Mere Procreating Chattle?

Don't kid yourself, it take a lot of effort to deprogram yourself from literally years of conditioning and most will not make the effort to become completely free. The easiest thing to do is simply follow the well beaten path that has been programmed into us by the mass media and all our authority figures primarily our parents in their attempt to protect us. To question what we believed to be true, takes focus and concentration but in doing so we become true self leaders and not mere sheep being bred to be annually sheared.
With this new information we all have to go through a grieving process of letting go of what we believed to be true and thereby slowly come into our own self actualization and thereby become the powerful human beings we really are.
Les Raketti February 28, 2011
Disclaimer: All the above is in my own personal opinion
as is all information I provide and as I am not
authorized to practice law or to give legal advice in
your jurisdiction it is your responsibility to verify same
with competent legal authorities.